Date a girl who runs. Date a girl who chooses to move than to let the world pass her by. She will cover the roads with you while talking about the mundane to the profound without gasping for air. She will notice and appreciate the little things: the extra cushioning of her…
During SD today I fell and hit my right quad. It is bruising already and pretty swollen. I was wondering if you could give me any advice that will help me so I can run the long run I have planned for tomorrow.
I have no internet and I don’t know if they can fix my laptop.
- Her: I need to lose weight.
- Me: Not a lot, I think.
- Her: I have a gut and I want to lose it.
- Me: Well, right now I'm aiming for 1200 net kcals a day, but if I wanted to mantain I'd be eating 1700 kcals.
- Her: Wow. That's a lot. I have read that's the aim for any woman who exercises everyday to mantain.
- Me: No, 1700 is my BMR, I would need that amount of calories even if I were laying in bed all day.
- Her: How do you know that?
- Me: My doctor told me, she has specials tools to measure body fat and muscle weight and she then gets the BMR.
- Her: interesting.
- Get your facts straight people. Research. Don't believe all that magazines say like "for every kilo you lose your waist will reduce 1 cm". No. That's not true. We are all different and maybe that kilo will be all from your breast or butt.
You guys can’t even begin to imagine how great was the first day of SD training. Lots of conditioning and luxations. IT WAS AWESOME. Tomorrow I’m going to be bruised and sore but I was so satisfied with myself and I wanted to go on more :D
I don’t want you to have to scroll down this because it’s going to be long so
1. Your feet will look like crap. Blisters, black toenails, callouses. If you get pedicures, just apologize when you go in.
2. When people (non-runner types) learn you are a runner, they often like to tell you how much they hate running or that running will ruin your…
My running outfit of the day.
Layers to keep me warm! :D It was really cold and foggy outside.
I hate photos but I kind of love how my legs look in this one (if you don’t know, I used to hate my legs and they were the reason I got picked on). But you all know that now I love my legs because they take me to places I would never have possible. Running is a huge stress reliver for me and I need those babies to keep me going.
Easy run today, with 5’ warm up and cool down at a really low jog (I don’t want to walk so I run painfully slow) and 2.86K in 15 minutes. It was a really easy pace for me….do this mean I might be able to achieve the 5K in less than 30’ this year?
I am trying to focus on studying. I have decided to just keep running and my SD trainning (which starts again tomorrow) and not worry about fitting pilates or yoga. I’m so stressed and worried right now.
I’ll post quickly about my runs so far and study some more before I go to bed.
Long run. 40 minutes, 4.5 K. I decided to go through a new route. Uphill. I’m glad I survived.
Tempo run. 30 minutes, 3.59K. I am really proud of this run. I thought I was going too slow and dying at the same time but I kept pushing a got a 93% accuracy :D yay! I had to stop a bit after the tempo because I was feeling dizzy and nauseous but after I while I got back on and finish the workout with the 5 min slow jog cooldown.
Fartleks. 22 minutes, 2.96 K. I don’t like fartleks or tempo runs but I know I have to do them.
Easy run. 25 minutes, 2.86K. Tried to go super-easy (which is hard for me) because the previous days had almost killed me and tomorrow I go back to SD.
Look the beautiful conditions I run in:
Tomorrow and Thursday will be SD and I won’t run until Friday (rest day will be Wednesday this week).
And on Friday I’ll update a new playlist! :D I have to decide what songs to put into it!