- Grab a regular old bowl you can use in the microwave, and fill half way with oatmeal.
- Next add some raisins (I use one of those little red boxes that has 90 calories).
- Then add about the same amount of walnuts (or almonds, cashews, peanuts, or any unsalted nut with a lot of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats).
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top (don’t add too much, cinnamon is quite strong, you can add more later if you want).
- Then add a pinch of nutmeg, and a pinch of allspice (you could add a quick squirt of honey/agave, or pinch of brown sugar or raw sugar if you wanted to).
- Cover the top with more oatmeal (covering spices prevents them from burning).
- Add some no-sugar-added apple juice, then microwave for 2 to 3 minutes depending on your microwave (and the size of your bowl)
Then, look up the health benefits of each of these ingredients, and tell me this doesn’t taste like apple pie. Really great easy meal, especially in the fall/winter when it’s getting cold. Have a cup of tea, and look up the health benefits of each of these ingredients too. I think this is one that vegetarians and vegans can enjoy too, right?